We shall keep your Personal Data confidential and shall ensure that our policies and practices with respect to the collection, use, retention, disclosure, transfer, security and access of your Personal Data comply with the laws of Hong Kong.
Personal Information Collection Statement (“PICS”)
This PICS is issued pursuant to the PDPO in relation to the operation of the EZ-COMPARE Program and related retail business by Arhat Technology Co (“ATCO”) on behalf of itself and the EZ-COMPARE Companies (together referred to as “we” or “us”).
- The EZ-COMPARE Program (“Program”) is a customer loyalty program operated by Arhat Technology Co since Sep 2020. This PICS is last updated on the Effective Date.
- Due to an internal re-structuring, the Program is operated by ATCO on behalf of the EZ-COMPARE.com with effect from the Effective Date. By agreeing to this PICS, you agree to have your Personal Data previously provided to Arhat Technology Co be transferred to the EZ-COMPARE.com from the Effective Date.
Under this PICS, unless the context otherwise requires, the following words and expressions shall have the following meanings:
3.1. “Database” means the database of Members’ Personal Data.
3.2. “Effective Date” means 1st Sep 2020.
3.3. “Member” means a member of the Program.
3.4. “EZ-COMPARE App” means the mobile application and web application of the Program.
3.5. “EZ-COMPARE Card” means the physical membership card or virtual membership card under the EZ-COMPARE App and EZ-COMPARE.com issued to you to enjoy your benefits under the Program upon your successful registration.
3.6. “EZ-COMPARE Customer Hotline” the hotline number(s) is available on physical EZ-COMPARE Card, the Program’s Website or EZ-COMPARE App.
3.7. “Our Affiliates” means companies within Arhat Technology Co, which operate Retail Goods or Services business.
3.8. “Our Partners” means other merchants of Retail Goods or Services, who join the Program offering rewards, discounts and targeted offers to our Members.
3.9. “Our Stores” include EZ-COMPARE.com and other store formats Arhat Technology Co may operate from time to time (whether online or offline).
3.10. “Our Subsidiaries” means all the retail and manufacturing divisions operating under Arhat Technology Co offering Retail Goods or Services to consumers.
3.11. “EZ-COMPARE Companies” collectively means:
3.12. “PDPO” means the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap.486).
3.13. “Personal Data” has the meaning ascribed to it under the PDPO.
3.14. “Program’s Website” ez-compare.com
3.15. “Retail Goods or Services” means sales of goods or provision of services in relation to any of the following (whether through physical or online channels): food, water & beverages, restaurants, catering, groceries, household products, general merchandise, health & beauty, lifestyle, pharmaceuticals, fragrance & cosmetics, baby products, wine and liquor, cigarettes and cigars, stationery, books and paper products, confectionary, toys, clothing, shoes, textiles, fashion accessories, bags & luggage, jewellery, watches, furniture, plants and accessories, office supplies, sports & leisure equipment, phones & mobile devices, electronics & electrical appliances, computer software and games, music, pet products, fuel, motor vehicle services and educational products and services.
Personal Data: what we collect and why
- In order for you to become a Member of the Program and subscribe for various products and services, it is necessary for you to provide us with certain essential Personal Data as indicated at the time of collection. We may also ask for other information which helps us to offer you the full benefits of the Program and tailored products and services that we think may be of interest to you. The types of Personal Data we may collect include your name, address, email, telephone number, date of birth, gender, age, shopping preferences and hobbies.
- Each of the EZ-COMPARE Companies shall have the right to collect, hold, process and/or use, the Personal Data in the Database in each case for the purposes as set out in, and in accordance with, this PICS. If you are unable or unwilling to provide us with complete and correct Personal Data, we may not be able to provide or continue to provide the services or benefits under the Program to you.
Use of your Personal Data
- You agree that the Personal Data you provide to us and all information relating to the use of your EZ-COMPARE Card may be used and retained by us for:
6.1. processing your application for membership to the Program;
6.2. providing you with the services under the Program;
6.3. the normal management, operation, and maintenance of the Program;
6.4. providing you with regular communications from us with details of the Program and its benefits;
6.5. providing you with Retail Goods or Services which you have requested; processing your order for purchases at Our Stores, including verifying your payment details/status;
6.6. carrying out prize draws, games or competitions which you have entered;
6.7. carrying out data sorting and analysis to enable us to better understand your characteristics and buying behaviour and to provide other services better tailored to your needs, and to assist us in selecting Retail Goods or Services that are likely to be of interest to you;
6.8. designing new or improving existing services provided by us, Our Affiliates, Our Subsidiaries and/or Our Partners to you;
6.9. investigation of complaints, suspected suspicious transactions, and research for service improvement;
6.10. prevention or detection of crime;
6.11. disclosure as required by law; and
6.12. aggregated behavioural analysis.
- With your consent or indication of no objection, we will use your Personal Data for direct marketing to you (whether by post, email, phone, SMS, or other media whether now known or available in the future) in relation to offers and promotions from:
7.1. us, Our Affiliates, Our Subsidiaries and/or Our Partners;
7.2. other companies within the Arhat Technology Co of companies in relation to telecommunications goods and/or services, e-commerce services (including trading platforms and online auctions), payment services, financial, investment and insurance products and services, hotel and tourism services and real property and related services;
7.3. third party merchants that we cooperate with to provide benefits to Members in relation to the following types of products or services:
- a) Retail Goods or Services;
- b) financial, investment, insurance, banking and credit cards;
- c) transportation, travel and accommodation;
- d) sports, leisure, recreation and entertainment;
- e) telecommunications products and services;
- f) e-commerce (including trading and payment platforms and online auctions).
- You acknowledge and agree that individual EZ-COMPARE Companies may leave the Program and/or Arhat Technology Co in the future, and that each of such EZ-COMPARE Companies shall continue to have the right to use your Personal Data for its own purposes as set out in clauses 6 and 7 (whether as part of the Program or not).
- We may disclose and transfer (whether in Hong Kong or abroad) your Personal Data to our agents or contractors under a duty of confidentiality to us who provide administrative, data processing, research and marketing, distribution, telecommunications, professional or other similar services to us.
- We may also disclose and transfer (whether in Hong Kong or abroad) to any of our actual or proposed assignees or transferees of our rights with respect to your Personal Data in connection with a re-structuring of the Program, and/or merger (as between us and a third party), sale, or transfer (whether of assets or shares, in whole or in part), to use, hold, process or retain such Personal Data for the purposes mentioned in clauses 6 and 7 above.
Browsing information collected from you (Cookies)
- The types of data we may collect from you when you visit the Sites include:
- information about the type of browser you use;
- details of the web pages you have viewed;
- your IP address;
- the hyperlinks you have clicked; and
- the websites you visited before arriving at our Site.
- You may refuse to accept Cookies (by modifying the relevant Internet options or browsing preferences of your computer system), but to do so you may not be able to utilize or activate all of the functions and services of our Sites.
Your rights in relation to your Personal Data
- You have the right to:
14.1. check whether we hold any of your Personal Data;
14.2. access your Personal Data held by us;
14.3. require us to correct any Personal Data which is inaccurate;
14.4. ascertain our policies and practices (from time to time) in relation to Personal Data and the type of Personal Data held by us;
14.5. opt out from receiving direct marketing materials from us at any time.
Any request in relation to the above shall be in writing (sent by post or email) and addressed to:
EZ-COMPARE Customer Service Department
1135, FLATAB, 11/F, Camelpaint Bldg Block 1, 62 Hoi Yuen Road,
Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Email address: email@example.com
For enquiries, please contact the EZ-COMPARE Customer Hotline, which can be found on the physical EZ-COMPARE Card, the Program’s Website or EZ-COMPARE’s App.
- In accordance with the PDPO, we have the right to charge you a reasonable fee for the processing of any Personal Data access request.
Protecting your Personal Data
- We maintain appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the Personal Data you provide to us against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, authorized disclosure of, or access to your Personal Data.
- The Program’s Website may contain hyperlinks to other websites provided by third parties. We do not control these third party websites or any of the content contained on those websites. Once you have left our website, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement for the website(s) you visit.